Thursday, September 9, 2010

Background change

I’ll start by saying that my attempts to get into grad school are going full force. Meaning I’m studying for (my second) GRE exam, this time the Psychology one, and I’ll be starting to write my statements of purpose (which I loathe) and all of that application-stuff so cooking, crafting and blogging are all sort of going to the wayside. I did start a craft last night that I plan on posting, but at this rate, I’m not sure when I’ll have time again to sit down and work on it. So I’ll let the suspense linger….

With that said, autumn has come to New England and I have a very love/hate relationship with it. I love the smells, the brisk air, the colors and the fact that I get to layer my clothes but it’s also a foreshadowing of winter. BUT I need to get over that, I’m not planning on moving to the tropics anytime soon so winter and I should just learn to get along.

Nothing helps changing attitudes and enjoying the change in season quite like changing your iPhones wallpaper – amiright? No, but just go with me on this. And it’s always irritating that when you google search “iPhone wallpaper” you get all of these women in bikinis. I mean, if I ever open up a guy’s phone and he has the background be a hot girl wearing skimpy clothes, I may just have him the glaring of his life.

So with that said, I found another decent site for wallpapers at (iDesign)*iPhone. They have a lot of different categories, some of which of course contain half naked girlies and I couldn’t even scroll through “paintings” because it was all sci-fi fantasy art, but some of the pictures are pretty cool. Some of my favorites are:

wood pattern iphone wallpaper And more colorful options:

stained glass iphone wallpaper

logosiphone wallpaper 

And this one which I thought was cool and was anxious to try out on my phone:

wooden shelves iphone wallpaper

   Here’s what it looks like in use:photo

And yes, that’s the front screen of my iPhone in case your interested in my organization (of which I put a lot of care into).

I’ll be anxious to get some of these images come Christmas because they do have some cute holiday ones.

Oh and I should mention the blog post that I read over at design*sponge which spurred my interest in the first place. This adorable designer, Cartolina, has designed cute cards that you can text to your friends in case you want to beautiful your warm wishes and/or invites to friends. You can see images HERE. I still haven’t decided if it’s worth the $2.99 only because only two of my friends have iPhones and it’s unclear as to how this will look on regular phones, but it’s a cute idea that I think needs to further developed by others.

Well, until I blog again, enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, I am not suprised that you have the background that you have on your phone. I guess it's one of those things that just screams Nikki :)

    Those cards you can text to friends look really cute. I agree that it's something that should be developed a little more by others. Who wouldn't enjoy receiving a pretty text message?

    I hope all of your business doesn't keep you from the blog too long/often

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shelf one is really cute! When I get my new phone, I will have to check these out. I currently cannot do a background, (except on the screen when you turn it on) and I am excited to try out some cute ones. I've already decided that having a photo as a background looks weird. (Hannah does it.) So thanks for the link! :)

    ReplyDelete