Thursday, November 18, 2010

Neat shit worth sharing

I'm hoping to post a recipe tomorrow. I've already made the food, but I'm a little worried about time since I'm leaving early to get a possible patdown before my flight to Baltimore tomorrow. So in case I don't get to it, I owe ya' one and Happy Thanksgiving!

Now onto the good stuff.

*******
Did you ever read Goosebumps growing up?


I guess I was kind of a strange kid in that as other girls my age were reading stories about horses and teenage babysitters, I was stuck on Goosebumps. I LOVED these books and owned just about all of the original series.

So imagine my happiness when I found a blog, Blogger Beware, dedicated to snarkily summarizing all of the books!

One of my favorite parts from Monster Blood:

It seems either the dog's grown larger or the leash has grown smaller. I swear to God it takes Evan like forty pages to make the connection between his growing dog and the Monster Blood it ingested. Oh wait, I'm sorry, ***SPOILER ALERT***

Definitely a blog worth keeping around when I'm bored and nostalgic.

*******

If Goosebumps isn't your thing, maybe music is. If neither Goosebumps nor music is your thing, then just stop reading altogether and reassess your values.


Amazon is practically giving away MP3 Downloads this Christmas. Everyday they offer a new selection of super cheap-o albums. Yesterday they had Kayne's new album for $3.99 and today they're offering Belle and Sebastian for $1.99! It's enough to make you want to impulse buy daily!

1 comment:

  1. I never really got into Goosebumps when I was younger, but I did read the Fear Street books. Another blog you should check out is Children of the 90s, which I have a link for on my blog. Sadly, it hasn't been updated in awhile, but when I first discovered it, I couldn't get enough of it. There are also some Babysitter's Club blogs I found that are hilarious.

    Thank you for sharing the Amazon stuff. I should check that out. I found something yesterday for a link that gets you a $3 credit for mp3s if you're interested

    http://www.parentdish.com/2010/11/22/10-great-deals-to-start-your-week/?icid=maing%7Cmain5%7C6%7Clink4%7C27337

    ReplyDelete