Tuesday, June 15, 2010

measuring with style

I’ve been very slack on updating. It’s not that I don’t have things to post, I’ve just been pretty lazy about it. So I’ll start up again with an quick post about this great way to remember kitchen measurements that I found HERE.

If you’re like me, then you can never remember how many cups are in a gallon or pints in a quart, but with this quick image it’s much easier to figure things out. I made my own image below:

measurment copy.small

4 Q(uarts) in a G(allon)
2 P(ints) in a Q(uart)
16 C(cups) in a G(allon) --- It's so quick and versitile!

I would be a happy camper if this image caught on! Right when I saw it, I immediately wished I knew a friend with a printing press that could make a simple print of this for me. I could definitely see it in my kitchen as a classy measurement reminder (along with the images that I’ll be putting up that my oh-so-amazing-friend, Emily, took for me; but more of that later). As for now, it will have to go as a print-out on the side of my fridge.

Anyone else know of some great measurement tips like these for the kitchen?

5 comments:

  1. For some reason, this reminds me of the acronym I learned in elementary school to learn north, south, east, and west: Never Eat Soggy Wheat. You probably don't want this hanging in your apartment, though haha.

    I do have a suggestion: I know when my mom makes signs or what not to hang in our house, she'll print out the words or whatnot from our computer and then use them as a stencil on whatever material she's using (usually wood). Maybe you could try something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, is there anyway you could make it where people can respond by just typing in their name or as annonymous so I don't have to log into wordpress everytime I want to comment? For some reason, I have to sign into wordpress in order to use my blog as a link whenever I comment.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. changed just for you, britt-britt. I didn't realize that was the case.

    Does she paint on the wooden signs? Your mom's so crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nikki! I hope I wasn't being too difficult in asking that :)

    Yes, my mom paints the wood and then stains them and stuff to make them look primitive (aka old) haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made that? Wow! That's awesome. It looks like something you could already get a print of! I'm sure if you wanted, you could research a place to print it online and one print probably wouldn't cost a lot of money! If you wanted to do that instead of Brittany's idea. Just a suggestion!

    ReplyDelete