Wednesday, May 26, 2010

You say cheap like it's a bad thing...


So as you might have guessed at the tone of my salvation army/free finds - I love a good deal. I'll brag about it to everyone I see about how cheap I got something. I can't help it; nothing makes me more excited than scoring a deal. And even when I order items online, I never pay full price.

And I'm going to let you in on a not-so-secret method to my online shopping madness. There are two great sites that I contribute to my success: Retail me not and CouponCabin. Now these sites should be used interchangeably and sometimes together, for as you see, retailmenot is sort of a community of promotions, anyone who receives an email or special code from a store can put it on this site to share with everyone. It's a great way to see what promotions are available, but like all things wiki-related, getting information from a number of individual sources can be unreliable at times. CouponCabin, on the other hand, seems to have a connection with certain stores so that the discount that is available to you is coming directly from the store to CouponCabin exclusively. The only downside is that you have to click on the deal, add something to your shopping cart, and then look to see if the promotion actually went through. It's less appealing than getting the code and pasting it into the "promotions" box yourself.

Why am I telling you all of this? Well to share the secret of my money-saving success. Currently I'm debating on buying a few items from World Market (which I'm kicking myself for not remembering how great this store is! And the closet one is in Ohio, the east coast likes the world too, people!) and using CouponCabin I'm able to save $5 off my shipping cost and retailmenot gave me a promotion that grants me 15% off my order - that's over $20 in savings!

And these are the only valuable sites - simply google "[store where you want to buy something] promotion" and see what pops up. I do this for concert tickets too because pre-sale promotions are always available online. How else was I able to surprise my mom with mothers day tickets to see Wicked 2 weeks before they went on sale....

Now the big question is, do I buy this rug.... Yes, I already bought one from overstock.com but frankly it's a little dull, but this might have the opposite effect of which I'm nervous about.

Whatdayathink? (Image can also be found HERE.)


1 comment:

  1. I find it funny that there is a World Market like 25 minutes from here haha.

    I like the rug :)

    ReplyDelete