Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Neat shit worth sharing

I have eclectic tastes in music with a leaning towards indie music. When I discovered the npr All Songs Considered podcasts last year, it seemed to fit perfectly with my preferred music. Each week they release a new podcast featuring a variety of new music.

Recently, the All Songs Considered group celebrated their 10 year anniversary and their gift to all of us was their 24/7 stream featuring all of the music from the past 10 years.

I'm in love with this stream! I've been listening to it for almost the entire weekend - with such an eclectic variety of music, including their selection of Holiday music (but not overloaded, they understand the necessity of moderation). And in the spirit of their great podcasts, they tell you the artist, album and song of each song they play on the player so you can find new artists to love while you listen.

And, if anyone's interested, here's a sampling of some of my favorite artists and albums of 2010:


The majority of these artists I found by listening to these podcasts. It's definitely worth a listen!

*******

The Anthropologie facebook page recently launched a contest to create a story/fashion board using Polyvore. I had never used the site before and normally don't care to sign up for yet another website that I won't use, but when the prize is a $500 gift card to Anthropologie I thought, "eh, worth a try".

And actually Polyvore is a pretty cool blogger tool. It lets you find clothes, home furnishings, backgrounds from online shops and create collages. Then you can click on the image below and see what items I tagged.


Green & Gold


These are items from my wishpot list in case anyone has an extra $200 lying around and feels like buying me something. No? Well it was worth a shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment