Wednesday, April 28, 2010

An office space of ones own

Having an office in your apartment, for me, is one of those things that's nice to have but not exactly necessary. It's great to have a space that you can file away items and sit down to when you really need to get things done. But I'm just as happy sitting on the couch with my laptop.

Since this place is one bedroom, I didn't really have a place to put an "office" until I saw the pictures that I posted here. Once I saw how large the closet was in the living room, I knew I had to replicate it and tada and it went from this:

to this!
The great thing is that the left hand side has a lock at the top, so when I want to just put my shoes or jackets away, I can have the right hand closet available
And then when I'm getting ready to buckle down for some learnin' I can have my own, cozy, office space available for me.
I know, it's a little bit on the ridiculous side but I love it! I even installed those shelves all by myself and am praying that they stay up! I don't think my stud finder is all that reliable.

3 comments:

  1. Great use of a little extra space! Also, sometimes I think it would be nice to close my computer behind a door and not have to look at it for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you've done. What is the rectangle thing on your desk? Did you get a flat screen computer?

    Can't wait to see the resy of the place :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I definitely need to get it out of sight sometimes.

    it's just a simple laptop. It's chris's old macbook, so I'm hoping this will convert me to macs since everyone raves about them.

    ReplyDelete